Enhance Your Smile with Cosmetic Dentistry and InvisalignPosted On: January 27, 2014 Author: Las Vegas Orthodontics
As Dr. Jerry Gordon explains in the article excerpt below, cosmetic dentistry is a dental procedure carried out to improve your confidence and the appeal of your smile. In recent years, great advancements have been made, including the development of Invisalign clear braces, and materials have been improved to make your teeth look and feel better.
People from all over the world are prioritizing oral health care towards creating a straighter, whiter, radiant smile. Cosmetic dentistry involves shaping, whitening, closing gaps, and replacing fractured or lost teeth. Dentists have an array of tools and techniques, including Invisalign invisible braces, at their disposal to help you achieve the overall improvement of your smile and self-esteem.
Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures:
* Veneers – these are custom-made laminators that can be bonded onto teeth to conceal and restore discolored, damaged, or poorly shaped teeth and close the gaps between misaligned teeth. Veneers require little removal of the tooth structure, so the procedure is painless.
* Teeth whitening – smoking, food, drink, and ordinary wear and tear, or even certain medications can result in stained or discolored teeth. Teeth whitening is a procedure that bleaches teeth to restore a whiter, brighter appearance.
* Crown caps – these are dental “prosthetics” used when the damage to a tooth is too extensive enough for a veneer. Crown caps are custom made tooth coverings that cover the entire tooth surface and are ideal for terribly decayed or fractured teeth and broken fillings.
* Dental implants – these are artificial roots placed directly into the jaw to give it support and replace missing teeth. After this, crowns, bridges and dentures are specifically made to fit onto the implants to make a durable permanent dental solution.
* White fillings – are used to repair teeth with defective cavities and replace broken fillings. They are also used to repair broken, chipped, and discolored teeth. They protect sensitive and exposed root surfaces that can be painful.
* Invisalign clear braces – these invisible braces are an alternative to the traditional braces that allow patients to have their teeth straightened without metal barriers. These detachable Invisalign aligners are placed every two weeks until your teeth are perfectly aligned. They are invisible braces, which most Las Vegas, NV adults find this convenient.
How it Can Improve Your Smile
Cosmetic dentistry offers the patient a chance to perfect their smile. There are several cosmetic dental options that will help you transform crooked, misaligned, discolored, and fractured teeth. These cosmetic dentistry procedures have numerous benefits that include healthier oral hygiene and improved self-esteem. Invisalign clear braces, for instance, have the seemingly magical effect of straightening teeth without a semi-permanent, metal bracket being inserted into your mouth. Invisalign invisible braces are perfect for adults or adolescents who want a private solution for their dental improvement.
A beautiful vibrant smile offers a youthful appearance and these results are hard to achieve using the traditional home made whitening agents that can be time consuming, ineffective, and risk weakening the enamel to say the least. After the procedure is complete, it is often necessary to engage in follow up habits that help improve the patient’s health. For example, damaging habits such as smoking and drinking staining beverages should be avoided after a tooth whitening procedure to achieve long term results.
It is also important that patients familiarize themselves with the potential risks involved with the different procedures. The dentist will, without doubt, take the necessary precautionary safety measures to minimize the side effects and potential risks.
(Article except and image from Discovery Health and Fit)